Life Can Change In A Single Word Or Breath...

I woke up this morning after a busy week ending with a night preparing my daughter for her first high school dance. Coachella theme! Did you know that besides a Fit Pro, I am also a makeup artist and stylist?! I find so much joy in showing my kids unconditional love and support in all they do!  I am a full-time mom first and it's not easy at times. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining because I really love my life and practice meditation daily to fill my cells with that gratitude.

Feeling a bit low in motivation to go for a walk, I grabbed a cup of coffee. As I set my cup down on the table I see a pile of photo booth photos from the dance. It made me smile. I mean really smile because I see pure joy. I am too old to stay up much past my bedtime so our girl talks about the dance was moved to the morning.

With my Coachella Princess sleeping away in the other room, I turned on my social media and one of my dear family members came up in my feed. I and found myself in a pile of tears. He was walking for Alzheimer's in Denver Colorado. Here is the photo:
Chuck Simms is my brother in law and is fighting this horrible disease. He has lived a healthy lifestyle and loved road biking 🚴🏼‍♀️. Shortly after his retirement from the railroad, he was diagnosed. This is a photo of him and my niece.

For my birthday this month, please consider a donation and be reminded to celebrate each and every healthy birthday you celebrate with an overabundance of gratitude.
Donate to the Alzheimer's Foundation Here
You can do your best to live a healthy lifestyle with the expectations of living well into your retirement, yet life can change in a single word or breath.

Alzheimer's disease slowly takes the mind and body from a soul.

When you give to a cure, you give hope, hope gives peace. You are not only giving hope to the patient, but to families and caregivers alike who are struggling with the devastation.

Thank you Fit Family!
Instagram
Facebook
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga: A Journey of Self Discovery